- 1 pound fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 bunch of scallions, grilled and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, grilled, seeds removed and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, grilled, seeds removed and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, grilled and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chipped
Rinse all ingredients. Grill scallions, peppers and garlic until lightly charred.
Dice scallions and peppers and mince garlic.
Toss these ingredients with the strawberries.
Add lime juice and brown sugar to taste.
Depending on the sweetness of the berries, additional lime juice and or sugar may be needed.
Fold in cilantro, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Serve with blue corn chips or as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.